We just released version 1.10 of Tensei-Data.
Summary of Changes
The memory footprint of the agent has been reduced by 42% in this release. Support for triggers based on jetty was removed. A lot of small fixes happened on the frontend side which now uses an embedded database by default. You may switch to a postgresql database via configuration.
- transformation configurations are marked "dirty" if connected cookbook changes dfasdl resources
- allow the same configuration information to be used multiple times within a transformation configuration
- support embedded database
- allow changing to PostgreSQL by configuration
- link to free trial request from license page
- use embedded database by default
- reduce memory footprint of agent by 42%
- support for jetty triggers because of instabilities and crashes
- link to cookbook editor broken on detail page
- changing dfasdl resources in cookbook breaks transformation configurations
- execution of "dirty" transformation configurations possible
- several bugs in database code
- license details not shown on license page
- crash when renaming a cookbook
If you experience an error message in the frontend when validating a DFASDL that complains about unknown "dfasdl-attributes-root" xml stuff then you are affected by an issue that we were unable to fully reproduce and solve. It might be triggered by a strange combination of vm and jvm startup stuff that messes up resource loading via classpath. The actual error message will most likely look like this:
To fix this issue the frontend service has to be restarted. Simply issue the following command from the terminal where you started the demo version:
vagrant ssh -c "sudo service tensei-frontend restart"
Update demo version
To update the demo version you can use the following sequence of commands. Please export your cookbooks before doing this if you don't want to loose them.
vagrant box update vagrant destroy vagrant up
Get your free trial version
You can try the Tensei-Data system for free. Just request a free trial version and receive a 14 days free license.