We just released version 1.12 of Tensei-Data.
Summary of Changes
This release fixes a lot of potential issues with string handling regarding different locales. We also removed a lot of unused code and last but not least we bring in special treatment of Microsoft Excel files due to popular demand. If a connection information points to a local excel file it will be transformed on the fly during schema extraction and transformation. For this to work properly you have to specify the locale of the file which is used to read date, time values and numbers from the excel file.
- support encoding specification for dfasdl schema extractor on local files
- use default encoding from dfasdl schema if no element encoding is set
- transparent conversion of Microsoft Excel files upon schema extraction and processing
- update to latest version of Akka
- update to latest version of database drivers
- settings and support for encoding detection (It never worked sufficiently.)
- remove unused code
- use of lower and uppercase string functions lead to locale specific issues
LowerOrUppertransformer issues related to locale
Update demo version
To update the demo version you can use the following sequence of commands. Please export your cookbooks before doing this if you don't want to loose them.
vagrant box update vagrant destroy vagrant up
Get your free trial version
You can try the Tensei-Data system for free. Just request a free trial version and receive a 14 days free license.