If vagrant or VirtualBox are not properly configured on Windows machines, the following error can occur:
"The guest machine entered an invalid state while waiting for it to boot. Valid states are 'starting, running'. The machine is in the 'poweroff' state. Please verify everything is configured properly and try again. If the provider you're using has a GUI that comes with it, it is often helpful to open that and watch the machine, since the GUI often has more helpful error messages than Vagrant can retrieve. For example, if you're using VirtualBox, run vagrant up while the VirtualBox GUI is open. The primary issue for this error is that the provider you're using is not properly configured. This is very rarely a Vagrant issue."
If that occurs, you should do the following:
- Open the GUI of VirtualBox
- Select the Tensei-Data Demo-Box and start the VM
- After one minute, an error will be shown (Timeout, Error in supR3HardNtChildWaitFor). Simply confirm the error.
- Another error of VirtualBox is displayed. Simply confirm this error, too.
- After another minute, the Tensei-Data screen output appears.
- Another timeout error appears. This must stay open. If you close this error message, the VM will be closed.
- If the screen output shows the login field, the VM is properly started.